Zubia Mughal, EdS
Educational Leadership / Learner Performance / Skills Development
||Areas of Expertise:
Lead Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer | 2014 – Present
Learning4Life, Remote location
In a freelance, full-time, remote consultation basis, secure contracts for eLearning development courses through varied platforms, such as Fiverr and Upwork. Developed and promoted professional e-Learning consultation and freelance business website and have secured many long-term projects and contracts, with a high degree of satisfaction from clients.
- Collaborate and articulate requirements and delivery with clients remotely via phone, email, conference calls and other conferencing and communication methods for curriculum development and mapping.
- Administered and maintained eLearning content in various formats on the client LMS. Communicated and maintained formal documentation on collaboration platforms like Podio, SharePoint, Workday etc.
- Utilize instructional design strategies such as Hunter’s Model, ADDIE Model, SAM/Agile Model, curriculum mapping, storyboarding, storytelling and eLearning course organization strategies.
- Successfully completed and delivered 250+ instructional design and eLearning freelance projects for multiple clients.
- Secured 120+ client testimonials (available online).
Adjunct Information Technology and Business Faculty |2015 –2018
Higher Colleges of Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Educated up to 200 students in business technology and IT classes within the Computer & Information Science department that included: Technology Based Marketing (Business Solutions), Database Management, Creative Thinking for IT Professionals, Problem Solving for IT Professionals, Fundamentals of Leadership and Multimedia Development. Taught 25 hours as Adjunct Teacher per week.
- Developed strategic lesson plans and collaborative exercises on BBLearn (LMS)
- Motivated digital learners by developing and implementing eLearning modules for classroom activities.
- Achieved and maintained a 90% average student rating of teaching.
Instructional Designer for E-learning | 2016 –2017
Abu Dhabi University, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Recognized as a subject matter expert and leader of e-Learning and program development through content creation, delivery, programming and accessory tools. Performed audits and analysis of existing material for continuous improvement opportunities to develop compelling content that met with organizational goals and enhanced the learning process for students.
- Ideated and authored supporting material and media that included audio, video and simulations to aid in student performance assessments, while concurrently developing course content for eLearning courses.
- Catalyzed the conversion of over 50 Masters level electrical engineering and business courses from traditional courses to e-learning/blended learning courses for the MBA and MEE faculty within a 6-month period. Responsible for acquiring national accreditation in eLearning programs.
- Managed a team of 5 e-learning programmers and graphic designers from concept through delivery of multiple and varied courses.
- Led and delivered training for 90 faculty members on instructional design of eLearning technology and resolved issues for technical and resource-allocation problems as they arose.
- Served as advisor for policies, procedures, standards, hiring, recruiting, retention, performance and reporting.
- Formatted 1,000+ videos for eLearning authoring environment, supported 50+ faculty on their courses on the university LMS and developed and maintained 200+ eLearning courses.
Knowledge Developer and Trainer |2011 –2018
Quality for Life Management Consultancy, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Charged with developing and implementing curriculum programs, learning games, websites and workshops to promote community knowledge management that provide education and motivation for things such as intercultural communication to environmental management and entrepreneurship. Collaborated with the Abu Dhabi government on policy development and proposals that provided solutions for UAE Vision 2030 goals. Both full-time and part-time designation at this company.
- Championed the development of AP&L (Act, Play & Learn) Curriculum program for Abu Dhabi education Counsel (ADEC), a 2 phase after school program that aided in educational and personal development for children ages 3-16, as well as for college students and the corporate sector, utilizing instructional design strategies.
- Developed and implemented UAE national games and learning goals-based games for Abu Dhabi municipality for parks and libraries utilizing instructional technology tools.
- Created an online site using JOOMLA! Pow Toon, Prezi, Photoshop and Adobe Captivate, as well as facilitator guides and training and development programs for consultants. Utilized learning design methodologies and instruction design for STEM, Curriculum Mapping, Instruction Design Methodologies and Adult Learning Theories.
- Designed and rolled-out 1 game-based learning curriculum: Act Play & Learn, 100 learning-goal based games, 11 game disciplines: ESTEEM GAMES and trained 150 facilitators to play games on events.
- Working towards accreditations from Six Sigma and NAYEC.
Adjunct Information Technology Faculty |2002 –2007
Northern Virginia Community College, Loudon, VA
Taught and mentored up to 48 students per semester across multiple and varied computer and IT courses as part of IT department faculty. Reinforced quantitative arguments and taught valuable ‘life skills’ that would allow students the ability to transfer those skills to the workplace. Utilized Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence principle to evaluate students and assess preferences, while modifying instructions and curriculum for audio, visual and kinesthetic learning students. Held a teaching philosophy of using real life context examples to motivate and develop students and to prepare them for the workplace.
- Achieved a lower student drop-out rate, as well as a 90% above student rating of teaching skills by providing assistance and support on one-on-one settings, providing transparency in communication and being available outside office hours.
- Utilized class curriculum and platforms that included MS Office applications, Computer Ethics, Web Page Design, Computer Program Design, network files, online lectures, e-mail, Blackboard and online support.
- Organized and facilitated workshops to sharpen staff expertise in development of curriculum and extended learning programs.
**Additional experience as College Math Tutor, Web Analyst Intern and Pre-K Teacher**
Doctorate Level Degree: Ed.S in E-Learning, 2016 | Northcentral University
Master’s in Education, Instructional Design and Curriculum Planning 2008 | Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Bachelors in Information Technology Management 2002 (honors) | George Mason University
Associate in Applied Science in Information Systems Technology 2001 | Northern Virginia Community College
Agile Instruction Design | SCORM and Tin Can API |Project Management |Needs Analysis |First Aid and Safety Certifications
Member, ISI Intercollegiate Studies Institute. Member, The Chronicles of Higher Education, Teacher.net